Coaching / 360° feedback
See also Emotional Intelligence (EI)
| Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) | Herrmann Brain Dominance Index (HBDI™) Superworking®
What is coaching?
A simple definition of coaching is “bringing out the best in people”. However, this term means different things to different people. It can encompass areas of knowledge and expertise, giving support and encouragement, providing guidance for personal and professional development and skills improvement.
Why use coaching?
Coaching can provide clarity, direction, support and solutions in a wide variety of situations ranging from relationship to career challenges to small business and corporate growth.
Our individual and corporate clients have achieved outstanding results in many areas including: Performance, Leadership, Increased Sales & Profitability, Work / Life Balance, Business Start Up and Development, Relationship Management and Career Direction and Development.
Benefits of coaching?
- increased well-being from living a life that you
- increased self esteem and self confidence
- enhanced energy levels as you consciously make
- a more relaxed and enjoyable home and work environment
- you exercise your power of choice and say ‘no’
to things that don’t work for you
- find our new ways of doing things and apply new
methods of handling every day life
- set, pursue and achieve identifiable, highly desired
- enjoy success on your terms
How does coaching work?
While helping the person being coached to build a strong personal foundation, coaching helps people identify WHO they are in terms of beliefs, values, standards and behavior; WHAT they want – achieving their full potential, promotion, increased productivity and more effective time management; and HOW to get it by helping them devise strategies, goals, targets and keeping them on track.
The coaching process provides a foundation for continuous, life-long learning and improvement enabling individuals to add value to their chosen cause, organisation or direction.
As a skilled listener your coach will ask the ‘hard’ questions, possibly make some suggestions, identify resources, offer more options and facilitate the learning of good choices as you decide on the best solutions.
Your coach is a trained partner who helps you achieve fulfilling results in your personal and professional life. Through the process of coaching you move from where you are to where you really want to be. Coaching is about enhancing the present and building your future.
As the client you are always in the driving seat.
Our relationship is personal, confidential and built on rapport, compatibility and trust. Your coach will be involved enough to hold you accountable, yet detached enough to be truly objective.
Your coach acts as a sounding board, reflector and advisor to hold you accountable for your intentions and actions.
Coaching can be delivered either face-to-face or on the telephone or by email. Sessions range from half an hour to two hours and at weekly, fortnightly or monthly intervals depending on your needs.
This usually creates anxiety for all involved however, this needn’t be the case. The key objective of a 360° assessment is to enhance self awareness by gaining some idea of other’s perspective on one’s attitudes and behaviour. This is only some of the ‘picture’ – the review is the only one who knows the context. Action Ideas utilises an on-line format which is totally confidential where the client usually select their reviewers from a range of representative groups within (or, sometimes outside), their organisation (eg: manager, staff, peers, other stakeholders such as customers etc) . Responses to approximately 60 questions are classified as ‘never’, ‘sometimes’, ‘most of the time’ or ‘always’ according to reviewer’s observation / experience.
These responses are then collated, protecting the anonyminity of individual respondents without losing the important feedback and messages. Areas of query, scope and / or types of questions asked are completely customizable and we recommend that these be based on identifiable behaviour or character traits and outcomes so that feedback is related to performance.
Key reporting areas covered in the de-brief with the client, include:
- Summary Report - ‘wide-angled snapshot’
- Client self-assessment against organisational values and leadership capabilities; contrasted with grouped 3rd party assessment
- Comprehensive Report & Group Comparisons
- Bar graph presentation, respondent group average score comparisons and some comments
- Differences between different respondent groups
- Items which all or some groups assess lower or higher
- Congruence of scores and comments
- +’ve & -‘ve Differences in Perception
- Only those with 20% or more difference will be listed
- Highest / Lowest rankings
- Individual question scores
- Shows responses from each respondent by assessor type
- Variations within the assessment groups
- Comments (open-ended questions) (alignment / divergence)
- 3 strengths:
- 3 things re: leadership/management:
- 3 areas for improvements:
- Discussion points
- Key insights
Contact us today to receive further information or discuss your coaching requirements or how we can assist with the design and implementation of an effective 360°assessment in your organisation.
Click here to receive our periodical newsletter containing articles, tips and ideas on managing your own Career, Work/Life Balance or Business as well as our forthcoming workshops.